Shaftsbury, VT 05262
Park Updates & Alerts
- No boat rentals, concessions, or picnic tables are available as part of our COVID-19 response.
- Firewood is not to be brought to parks UNLESS the wood is packaged, labeled as having been heat treated, and certified by USDA or the appropriate state department of agriculture. For more info, click here.
Go 10 miles north on Route 7A
Lake Shaftsbury State Park is on an 84-acre parcel surrounding the small but picturesque Lake Shaftsbury. The area operated as a private campground/cabin resort before it became a state park in 1974. It has become a popular park facility in southwestern Vermont.
Facilities / Amenities
Lake Shaftsbury operates a group camping area with clusters of lean-to's and port-a-let facilities. Group camping is available throughout the year for scouts, church groups, and other organizations.
In addition to the group camping area, there is a fully furnished waterfront cottage with a deck and grill that comfortably sleeps six people.
Other day use ammenities and attractions include:
- restrooms with flush toilets and hot and cold running water
- a developed, sandy beach
- picnic and play areas
- a snack bar and concession area
- boat rentals
- a nature trail leading around the lake
The park also has a picnic pavilion that can be rented. The pavilion seats up to 100 people and has electricity, grills, picnic tables, and a nearby restroom. The cost is $100 to rent for the day.