Ferrisburgh, VT 05456
Park Updates & Alerts
- No boat rentals, concessions, indoor spaces rentals, or picnic tables are available as part of our COVID-19 response.
- Firewood is not to be brought to parks UNLESS the wood is packaged, labeled as having been heat treated, and certified by USDA or the appropriate state department of agriculture. For more info, click here.
Head west on Rt. 7 on Little Chicago Road about 1-1/2 mi., N onto Hawkins Road, 3 mi, then right onto Kingsland Bay State Park Road to park entrance.
Kingsland Bay State Park sits on the picturesque shores of Lake Champlain. Visitors can enjoy the picnic areas and historic buildings of the park, or rent a canoe/kayak for an easy paddle around this protected bay. Facilities to rent include an historic banquet hall that is perfect for large groups. Kingsland Bay State Park has become a favorite spot for local events and weddings, due in large part to the stunning backdrop of Lake Champlain.
Much of the 264 acres, along the shores of Lake Champlain, remains as a natural area. The historic Hawley House (1790) is part of the complex. This property dates back to the first settlers in Ferrisburgh and was home to Ecole Champlain, an exclusive girls camp, until the late 1960's.
Picnicking, swimming, and toilet facilities are available. There are several buildings available for large group gatherings such as family reunions, weddings, and company picnics. There are scenic trails along the shoreline of Lake Champlain. Boating, fishing, and sailing are also popular.
Facilities available for rent
These facilities may be rented individually mid-week. The following fees include day entry fees and trash/recycling disposal.
- Banquet hall seats up to 150 people. $900 per day.
- Theater building seats up to 50 people. $150 per day.
- The Hawley House seats up to 12 people. $150 per day.
Fri-Sun: The banquet hall, theater building and Hawley House may be rented together for $2500 for the weekend beginning on Friday.
A $500 cleaning, damage and compliance deposit is due by May 15 for rentals. A security deposit of $100 is required for weekday stand-alone rentals of Theater Building or Hawley House.
For more information, please see our downloadable Kingsland Bay weddings and events guide (PDF).