Fees and Passes
Vermont State Parks rely on user fees for day-to-day operation and maintenance.
Punch cards never expire and they provide another way to visit the parks at a discount.
If you are 62 years or older and a Vermont resident, or a Vermont resident who is a veteran who has been honorably discharged from active duty in US armed services, you are eligible for a lifetime day entry pass into the parks called the Green Mountain Passport.
Day Use Admittance Fees
|Adult (14 +)||Child (4-13)||Small Child (0-3)|
|Day Entree Fee||$4||$2||FREE|
Group Entry (25 people or more)
- $3 per person (age 14 and older)
- $2 per person (ages 4 - 13)
- Payment must be made in one lump sum
- .50 per person
- Only good during the school year
- For K-12 school groups only
Municipal Recreation Groups
- $150 per month for the first 50 persons (including staff and drivers)
- $150 per month for each additional 50 persons or part therof
|Camping Fees||Tent/RV Base Rate||Lean-to Base Rate||Prime Sites||Non-Resident||Extra People Over 4 (max 8)||Pets|
|Most Parks||$18||$25||Add $2||Add $2||$5 per person, per night||$1 per pet, per night|
|Burton Island||$18||$37||N/A||Add $2||$5 per person, per night||$1 per pet, per night|
|Green River Reservoir||Regular: $5 per person, per night. 3 people min, 7 people max Prime: $6 per person per night. 3 people min, 7 people max||$1 per pet, per night|
Cabin Fees (No cleaning deposit required)
|Park||# of Cabins||VT Resident||Non-Resident|
Cottage Fees ($100 cleaning deposit required)
* 3-night rentals available only before June 15th or after Labor Day
|Park||# of Cottages||Nightly Fee*||Weekly Fee|
|Ricker Pond (original cottage)||1||$75/night*||$525/week|
|Ricker Pond (Perry Merrill cottage)||1||$110/night*||$770/week|
Pavilion and Shelter Fees
- Can be reserved up to 11 months in advance
- $100 damage/compliance deposit required ($500 at Kingsland Bay)
- Day use admittance fees not included in cost of renting pavilion, except at Kingsland Bay and the Elmore Beach House (included)
- There is a $25 non-refundable reservation fee. The balance of the fees may be refunded if cancelled at any time prior to the event.
Large Pavilions and Shelters (Accommodating 100 or more people)
|Park||Type||Electric||Max. # of people||Cost|
|Boulder Beach||Open-air pavilion||100||$100|
|Button Bay||Open-air pavilion||300||$200
|Camp Plymouth||Fernwood open-air pavilion||100||$100
|Camp Plymouth||Harwood indoor pavilion||150||$300|
|Emerald Lake||Open-air pavilion||100||$100
|Kamp Kill Kare||Open-air pavilion||100||$100|
|Kamp Kill Kare||Rocky Point House, pavilion and lawn area||300||$1200|
|Kingsland Bay||Banquet hall||150||$2500 ($900 M-Th)|
|Knight Point||Open-air pavilion||100||$100|
|Lake Shaftsbury||Open-air pavilion||100||$100|
|New Discovery||Osmore Pond open-air pavilion||100||$100
|Silver Lake||Open-air pavilion||100||$100|
Mid-size Pavilions and Shelters (Accommodating 50-100 people)
|Park||Type||Electric||Max. # of people||Cost|
|Camp Plymouth||Wedding Grove open-air pavilion||60||$100|
|Kingsland Bay||Theater building||50||$150|
|Molly Stark||Open-air pavilion||60||$100
|Mt. Philo||Indoor meeting room||60||$200 M-Fr
$300 Sat & Sun
|New Discovery||Owl's Head open-air pavilion||50||$100
Small Pavilions and Shelters (Accommodating 50 people or less)
Boat Rental Fees Note: Private companies that rent boats in state parks may have different rates
|Min. time rental||Price/ hour||Price/ half day||Price/ full day|
|Rowboat/Canoe/Single Kayak||1 hour||$10||$30||$40|
|Tandem Kayak||1 hour||$12||$32||$50|
|Stand-up Paddleboard||.5 hour||$10||N/A||N/A|
|Pedal Boat||.5 hour||$7||N/A||N/A|
Osmore or Kettle Pond overnight canoe rental to access remote sites: $35 per night per tandem canoe
- Firewood: $6 per bundle
- Showers: 50 cents for 4 minutes, 25 cents for each additional minute. Max 15 quarters.
- $15 for RV's up to 30 feet
- $30 for RV's and buses over 30 feet
- FREE for campers
Seyon Lodge State Park Fees
Seyon Lodge State Park offers some amenities and services that other parks do not. For a complete list of these amenities and the fees associated, please visit the Seyon Lodge State Park page.
Burton Island State Park Marina Information and Fees
Docks for power boats in the inner marina may be reserved within two weeks of your stay. Other dock and moorings may not be reserved in advance but are available on a first come-first served basis.
To make reservations, please call the park directly at (802) 524-6353.
- Docking is $1.75 per foot/per day, or any part thereof
- Moorings or anchorings are $.75/per foot per day, or any part thereof
- $3 per day or any part therof for electric hookups 35' and under
- $4 per day or any part therof for eletric hookups longer than 35'
- Boat pump out station is free for marina guests and $10 for non-guests
- Dockage does not include a continuous water hookup
Registered campers with boats up to 16 feet in length may use a marina slip for no additional fee. Campers with boats greater than 16 feet but less than 25 feet will be assessed at the current marina rate for each foot in length more than 16 feet. Boats greater than 26 feet in length, or boats with persons sleeping aboard overnight, will be assessed at the full marina rate.
Island Runner Ferry: $4 each way per person for day users. $8 each way per person for campers. Bikes are an additional $2.
Gear delivery to your site is available for $10 each way.
Back to top