Lake Elmore, VT 05657
Park Updates & Alerts
- Check for beach closures and latest swimwater test results for this location.
- Firewood is not to be brought to parks from out of state UNLESS the wood is packaged, labeled as having been heat treated, and certified by USDA or the appropriate state department of agriculture. For more info, click here.
On I-89 N, get off at exit 8 in Montpelier, follow VT-12 to the town of Lake Elmore, park sign is on the left.
Follow I-89 S to VT-100 N in Waterbury. Take exit 10 from I-89 S. Continue on VT-100 N. Drive to VT-12 S in the town of Lake Elmore.
The Town of Lake Elmore calls itself “The Beauty Spot of Vermont.” Located in the southeastern part of Lamoille County, Elmore is mostly forested and agricultural land. Lake Elmore and Elmore Mountain, which rises almost from the lake’s shore, are prominent features of the town.
Lake Elmore is 219 acres, and lies northwest of the village and empties into the Lamoille River through Pond Brook. Elmore Mountain is in the "Worcester Range" and its timber is mostly hardwood. The mountain has an elevation of 2,608 feet.
The park had its beginning in 1936 when the town of Elmore and local citizens made a gift of 30 acres on Lake Elmore to the state of Vermont. With modest means, a picnic and beach area were created. Today, with more than 700 acres, Elmore State Park has become a popular, developed recreation facility.
Facilities / Amenities
The park has:
- a campground with 44 tent/RV sites and 15 lean-to sites
- 2 campground bathrooms with flush toilets, hot and cold running water and coin-operated showers
- hiking trails leading to the top of Elmore Mountain and the fire tower
- a large, sandy beach great for swimming
- boat rentals
- a CCC-built beach house with bathrooms and changing rooms and a concession stand selling park merchandise and light fare
Renting facilities at Elmore:
The beach house function room is available to rent season-long. The function room seats up to 50 people in a private room overlooking the beach and lake. Electricity, restrooms, tables and chairs for 50 provided.
Elmore also has an outdoor picnic pavilion. The pavilion seats up to 100 people and has charcoal grills, picnic tables, and restrooms nearby. There is electricity, and the pavilion is accessible.