Ferrisburgh, VT 05491
Park Updates & Alerts
- The Button Bay pool will be closed this season due to COVID-19
- No boat rentals, concessions, or picnic tables are available as part of our COVID-19 response.
- Firewood is not to be brought to parks UNLESS the wood is packaged, labeled as having been heat treated, and certified by USDA or the appropriate state department of agriculture. For more info, click here.
Go 1/2 mi. S on Hwy. 22A, then 6-1/2 mi. NW on local roads.
Button Bay, a 253-acre park, is located on a bluff in Ferrisburgh along the 130-mile long Lake Champlain. Historically, the area has been visited by such notables as Samuel De Champlain (1609), Ethan Allen (1776), Ben Franklin (1776), and Benedict Arnold (1777). Once operating as a farm, the area became a state park in 1964. The park is so named for the button-like concretions formed by clay deposits found along the shoreline.
Facilities / Amenities
The campground is a generally open and grassy area overlooking Lake Champlain and the Adirondack Mountains to the west.
The park has:
- 53 tent/RV sites
- 13 lean-to sites
- 4 cabins
- restrooms with flush toilets, hot and cold running water and coin-operated hot showers
- picnic areas
- a dump station
- a swimming pool with lifeguards
- a nature center and nature programs
The park also has a large, open pavilion available to rent. The pavilion seats up to 300 people and offers electricity, grills, picnic tables, and a nearby restroom. The cost is $200 when rented Friday - Sunday and is FREE Monday - Thursday (except holidays).
Visitors can also explore the Button Point Natural Area (a small, mature hardwood forest), hike the trail, or go fishing or sailing.
This park has a park interpreter offering fun, hands-on activities. Interpreters are park staff solely dedicated to helping you learn more about the natural and cultural history of the park. Some popular activities include night hikes, nature crafts and games, campfire programs and amphibian explorations.
Check out the of current events to see some of the programs planned during your visit.