Burton Island Cabins
Burton Island State Park Cabins
You may already know that Burton Island is a very special place loved by many.
These cabins have specific policies that are similar to our cottages, so please read on for important information.
- Monday - Thursday (Weekday Package: 4 nights)
- Friday - Sunday (Weekend Package: 3 nights)
- VT resident: $73/ night
- Non-resident: $75/ night
The Burton Island cabins are fully accessible within the physical limitations of the site which require use of ADA Trail standards.
The trail from the marina to the cabin area is well within accessibility guidelines and surfaced with distinctly different material from the surrounding terrain. The pathways adjacent to the cabins are edged with timbers. Smooth transitions to all cabins are available. Sunset cabin is more challenging to reach than the Popasquash or Savage cabins.
While at accessible grade, the access from the ferry to the marina contains gravel which is too large to meet compliance standards and will negatively impact smaller wheeled assistance devices. However, as the route is accessible by motorized transport, accommodations can be made to get a visitor to the beginning of the accessible trail where larger motorized transport ends.
Unfortunately, the bathrooms which serve the cabins have not yet been modified to comply with accessibility guidelines. Vermont State Parks is developing a plan to transition not only these two, but all features on Burton Island to an accessible status to the degree they are feasible.
We encourage you to contact the park to discuss how we can help you enjoy your stay while we continue transitioning to a facility more accessible to all visitors.
- Reservations can be made online, by calling the Reservation Call Center at 1-888-409-7579 (Mon–Fri, 9am–4pm), or by calling the park at 802-524-6353
- Reservations can be made up to 11 months in advance on the 15th of the month (or the first business day after the 15th if it falls on the weekend).
- There are only two rental packages available, Monday - Thursday (weekday/4 nights)or Friday - Sunday (weekend 3 nights). You may combine consecutive packages.
- Maximum stays are 21-nights.
- Cabins have 1 set of bunk beds and one futon (sleeps 4). Up to six people can stay in the cabin, but it would mean two people sleeping on the floor.
- Cabins have a table with 4 chairs.
- Cabins have an overhead light, fan and an electric outlet.
- Bathrooms with coin-operated hot showers nearby.
- The camp store and bistro is located near the park office.
- All cabins have direct waterfront access.
- Tents are not permitted at these cabin sites.
- Pets are allowed in all cabins.
- Check-in is on Saturday between 2 and 4pm.
- Check-out is on Saturday by 11am.
- A refundable $100 cleaning deposit is required on check-in.
- If you cancel your cabin reservation 30 days or more prior to your expected arrival date, you will receive a full refund less a $10 cancellation fee and your $8 reservation fees paid.
- If you cancel 14 - 30 days days prior to your expected arrival date, you will receive a full refund less the equivalent of a two night stay; if you cancel less than 14 days prior to your expected arrival date, you will receive no refund.
Back to top